Friday, March 23, 2012

Breakfast time savers

 Many people say they don’t have time for breakfast, what do you do as a morning time saver to make time for breakfast?
  •  Pack lunches and get clothes out the night before.
  • Set my alarm 20 minutes earlier
  • Have something portable like fruit, yogurt or granola bar and eat it at work.
 Any others suggestions? Please share your timesaver tips!


What about McDonalds oatmeal?

No foods are completely off limits. Is there a healthier way to have oatmeal? Yes. You could go for the one without brown sugar for 18g of sugar compared to the regular at 32g. Of course an even better choice where you can control the sugar intake and save money is by making your own. I like to use Irish Steel Cut Oats. They take a while to cook so make them the night before. Make a double batch. It reheats nicely with a chewy, not gluey texture.

Cereal on the go

Mix cereal with nonfat milk powder and put in a container. Later you can just add water and you've got instant cereal (great for travelers).
 





1 comment:

  1. I like to pour a serving of yogurt smoothie and take it in the car. Or, keep oatmeal packets in my desk, and fix it once I am at my desk. I find it easier to be eating breakfast once I am at work and working at my desk.

    ReplyDelete